NEWS & UPDATES
Fall 2023 conference presentations:
- NCTE, Nov. 17: Build Your Stack - Pairing Primary Sources in PK-2
- NCTE, Nov. 18: Teaching Asian America in Elementary Classrooms
- CUFA, Nov. 30: Grad Forum Discussant; Frameworks for Truth-Telling Pedagogy in K-12 Social Studies Methods
- NCSS, Dec. 1: The Heart of the Classroom: Articulating and Supporting Critical Early Childhood Social Studies
- NCSS, Dec. 2: Teaching Asian America in Elementary Classrooms
My most recent webinar, Teaching Asian American Narratives through Children's Literature sponsored by the 1990 Institute, can be viewed here.
Check out the webinar I participated in about the Politics of Citation in Critical Scholarship, hosted by the AERA Social Studies Research SIG and CUFA's Scholars of Color Forum.
Click here for the webinar I did with Dr. Amanda Vickery in conjunction with Lee & Low Books about teaching slavery through children's literature.
Publications & Presentations
My latest book, Teaching Asian America in Elementary Classrooms, is co-authored with Sohyun An and Esther Kim and will be published on December 1 by Routledge. Pre-order here.
My first book, co-authored with Katy Swalwell, is Social Studies for a Better World: An Anti-Oppressive Approach for Elementary Educators (Routledge) and is available as an audiobook. We are currently working on a second edition as well as a secondary version with the brilliant Delandrea Hall. My first co-edited volume with Amanda Vickery, Critical Race Theory and Social Studies Futures: From the Nightmare of Racial Realism to Dreaming Out Loud (Teachers College Press), features phenomenal educators and scholars including Sohyun An, Christina Villarreal, Christopher Busey, Tran Templeton, and many more!
Recent Open Access Publications